Tuesday, October 15, 2019

DPS Day 2


Do Now: Which of the two poems did you prefer? Explain your preference. 

Today's Learning Target(s): 
I will be able to consider a film as a text and observe how the director uses setting, characterization, motif, and other literary elements. 
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can use basic film terms (e.g., shot types and editing) to look more carefully at how scenes are put together.
-I can make inferences about setting and/or characters. 

Agenda:


  1. Poetry connections
  2. Continuing Dead Poets Society 
  3. No poet, no artist of any art, has complete meaning alone. His significance, his appreciation, is the appreciation of his relation to the dead poets and artists. You cannot value him alone; you must set him, for contrast and comparison, among the dead.       -T.S. Eliot, from “Tradition and the Individual Talent”
  4. Some basic film terms
  5. Please complete the poet preference handout
HW:  Respond to the assigned questions on a separate sheet of paper or in a Google document in your English folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment