Monday, January 6, 2020

Day 3 TEWWG

Image result for their eyes were watching god tree

Do Now: Share your questions and observations about the TED Talk and chapters 2-3.

Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to identify archetypes in Their Eyes Were Watching God and explain how Hurston uses these universal patterns in unique ways.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can describe at least two archetypes Hurston uses in the novel.
-I can explain how the use of the archetype is original ("What is most personal is most general." -Carl Rogers)
-I can apply a feminist lens to a list of archetypes.

Agenda: 
  1. What do Batman, Spider-Man, Dorothy (from The Wizard of Oz), Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Frodo Baggins, Cinderella, Snow White, and Janie have in common? What's up with this pattern?
  2. Chapters 2-3: Their Eyes Were Watching God
  3. Janie's beginnings
  4. Exit Ticket: Having discussed some archetypes, do you see more connections between Janie and the other heroes we mentioned?

HW: Read Chapters 4-5 and find one passage that is confusing or interesting. Note the page number and write a question or observation about the passage on our class discussion page. (n.b., use Chrome when posting to the class discussion page.)

No comments:

Post a Comment