Friday, January 10, 2020

Day 6 TEWWG

Image result for their eyes were watching god death
Do Now: Have you noticed any other motifs in the novel so far?

Today's Learning Target:
I will be able to describe how analyzing a small amount of text can shed light on big ideas in the text.
I will know that I have hit the learning target when...
-I can make a connection between a short passage from the novel and a big idea.
-I can recognize an important method Hurston uses in a passage and explain what it emphasizes or suggests.


Agenda: 
  1. Motifs
  2. Chapters 7-11: Their Eyes Were Watching God
  3. Exit Ticket: What has Janie learned from her time with Joe?

HW: Read Chapters 12-14 and find one passage that is confusing or interesting. Note the page number and write a question or observation about the passage on our class discussion page.

No comments:

Post a Comment